Date 1: Drinks
Date 2: Drinks, maybe dinner out
Date 3: He Invites you to his house for a "home cooked" meal
"Netflix and chill", inviting you over for a cooked dinner, this is all code for "I want to have sex with you".
If you are not ready to have sex yet, what are you supposed to do?
I would suggest saying the following when he invites you over for dinner. "Thanks for the amazing offer, that sounds delicious and I definitely want to do that in the future. But for now, I would rather meet in a public place and keep getting to know each other."
Why is this message phenomenal?
1. "Thanks for the amazing offer" - Shows your man appreciation for his actions
2. "I definitely want to do that in the future" - You are not shooting him down, you are just pushing back when this date will happen
3. "I would rather meet in a public place" - Dating is hard. No need to be nebulous in what you want. Now he knows this third dates needs to be at a restaurant, movie, or any place that is not private. He also should be aware that you are not ready for sex yet. (This does not mean with 100% certainty he won't try anyway)
4. If he is just dating you to get laid, there is a decent chance after reading this message he may cancel the third date. If he does this, he was only cooking in hopes of getting in your pants.
5. If he sets up a date in a public place, there is a high chance he really likes you, wants to get to know you better, and finally is willing to wait to have sex.
IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: Men are looking for sex and they stumble upon finding love. When they are dating, it is their job to attempt to get laid. Now that you know this, don't be mad when he attempts to jump your bones. This is male human nature and a compliment that he finds you attractive. But as a woman, it is your job to set your boundaries, he doesn't get the prize until you are 100% ready.
If you are looking a for a serious committed relationship, "READY" should entail monogamy or at minimum a man that is doing the following:
1. Introductions to Friends/Family
2. Making Future Plans Together
3. Willing to speak on phone daily
4. Not texting to setup sex once per week
5. Scheduling dates in advance
No one likes confrontation. We all wish life could be rainbows and butterflies 24/7, but no one is perfect and relationships are not going to be either.
I was sitting down with a friend, and she said, "Mike, I have been dating a guy for 3 months and he is great, but one thing is really bothering me."
"What is bothering you?" - Me
"We make plans, but he is consistently late." - Friend
Well funny enough, I am usually late so this is a problem my girlfriend constantly has to deal with. Thus, I've instructed my girlfriend how to get me to show up on time. Yes, I know that she is using my own little trick on me, and YES IT STILL WORKS!
So, last Friday my girlfriend needed me to be somewhere at 8PM on the dot: We could not be late. She called my on Friday morning and said, "Mike, you will make me the happiest woman alive if you picked me up at 7:15 on the dot so we can be on time at 8PM"
I said, "Sounds good I will be there"
I showed up to her door at 7:13 and she practically jumped me and said, "Thank you so much for being on time. You are the best boyfriend in the world!"
I lit up like a Christmas tree and felt great about myself.
I felt like, I am capable of making my girlfriend happy. Most importantly, I felt like my girlfriend was easy to make happy. All I needed to do was show up on time and all of a sudden I was the best guy on the planet. Now, if I have a girlfriend that is easy to make happy, that is someone I could consider spending the rest of my life with.
However, in contrast, a girlfriend that gets flowers, or a big ring, or is even taken to dinner and does not appreciate the gift or effort is setting herself up for failure. Men do not want to commit to marriage unless they are 100% sure that they are going to be able to keep their woman happy for eternity. Thus, it is vital to appreciate men for the little things they do and make them feel like they are a superhero - at least in your eyes.
If making you happy is simple,the decision of proposing will be too.